cgi program doing multiple queries hangs in multiple places

От Alan Corey
Тема cgi program doing multiple queries hangs in multiple places
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm having what I'd have consider a strange problem with PostgreSQL
and libpq.  The PostgreSQL version is now 8.4.2 running under OpenBSD
4.7  I had the same problem under OpenBSD 4.3 with whatever PostgreSQL
version that had.  (a couple years older)

My program runs something around 20-40 different queries through
libpq.  It all works, sometimes.  Most of the time something stops,
not always in the same place.  Fairly often running exactly the same
thing over again will work or stop in a different place.  I wrote the
program as CGI, mostly to let the web browser provide a user
interface, but it isn't intended as an interactive program so much as
a way of generating html pages that get stored and used later.

The database is a local copy of the Internet Movie Database (see
imdb.org/interfaces) downloaded as tarballs then loaded into a
PostgreSQL database with imdbpy.  It's quite large, but that's
probably irrelevant.

I'm running PostgreSQL with default settings in postgresql.conf and
pg_hba.conf because I don't know what to set differently.  Other than
getting lots of "unexpected EOF on client connection" in PostgreSQL's
log file there aren't any error messages.

Both Apache and the PostgreSQL server are running on the same laptop.
Apache isn't chrooted.  Most of the time it isn't connected to
anything.

I put a tarball containing the program source, makefile, html calling
page and sample output at:
http://oldyashica.webs.com/postgresql/acorey.tar.gz

  Alan Corey