Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 18:31, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> This is an attempt to sum up the open issues remaining before we can
> make another try at converting our source code to git.

<snip>

> * The REL8_0_0 branch needs to be downgraded to a tag, as previously
> discussed.

Yeah, and that's easily done.

> * There are several things we should do to make the manufactured commits
> less ugly, assuming we can't get rid of them entirely:
> ** Blame them on a nonexistent committer, probably "cvs2git" itself.

I've set the script onthe prod box up to blame it on cvs2git
<webmaster@postgresql.org>
(same email address as the pgsql user, but different name)

> ** If we do that, I'm inclined to also blame the inserted dead .0
>   revisions on cvs2git.  Right now I copied-and-pasted the committer info
>   from the mainline commit they inherit from, which is not very relevant.

+1

> ** Make the manufactured-commit log messages say cvs2git not cvs2svn.

Done in my options file - it's just a couple of settings.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion
Сообщение: Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion