Re: Difference between explain analyze and real execution time

От Tobias Brox
Тема Re: Difference between explain analyze and real execution time
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
[Tom Lane]
> EXPLAIN ANALYZE doesn't account for all of the runtime involved.  In
> this case, I'd bet that session startup/shutdown is a big part of the
> difference.

The session startup/shutdown should be the same for the real SQL and
the broken SQL, shouldn't it?

[Artur Zając]
> time psql  -c 'explain analyze SELECT te.idt FROM t_positions AS te
> JOIN t_st AS stm ON (te.idt=stm.idt AND 4=stm.idm)   WHERE te.idtr IN
> (347186)'

Is this weidness only observed for this query?  What happens with
other queries?  "explain analyze select 1"?  "explain analyze select *
from t_positions where idtr=347816"?  plain select without "explain
analyze"? etc?