Re: PostgreSQL ontop of FreeBSD jails, maybe there is still hope!

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PostgreSQL ontop of FreeBSD jails, maybe there is still hope!
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Achilleas Mantzios
<achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
> It seems there are certain projects running at the moment that will eventually make possible
> to run PostgreSQL on FreeBSD's jail (virtual server on plain iron speed).

We've been doing that across the project infrastructure for 10 years
or more. The only issue we run into is that we need to use a unique
port in each jail as shared memory isn't entirely isolated between
jails.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company