Re: How to deal with field on the database that stores variable array's?

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: How to deal with field on the database that stores variable array's?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2011/1/1 Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com>
Hi,

I need to develop a database table that will aceept a variable array field. My doubt is how to deal with updates on the
array field. How can I store the information of the array fields? There any examples on the Internet on how to deal with
this subject?

What I mean with variable array is:

array(
      'name' => 'Don',
      'age'  => '31'
     );

array(
      'name' => 'Peter',
      'age'  => '28',
      'car'  => 'ford',
      'km'   => '2000'
     );

Best Regards,
I recommend to use hstore. It is well designed, mature and proven.
I believe that hstore became built-in type in PostgreSQL.

--
// Dmitriy.