Re: maintenance_work_mem + create index

От Uwe Bartels
Тема Re: maintenance_work_mem + create index
Дата
Re: maintenance_work_mem + create index  (Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
OK. I didn't now that. Thanks for sharing that information.
Can anybody tell if we have this limitation on maintenance_work_mem as well?

Does anybody know of a solution out of that on Linux?
Or is there a dynamic way to put $PGDATA/base/pgsql_tmp into RAM without blocking it completely like a ram disk?

Best Regards,
Uwe

On 24 March 2011 15:13, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Uwe,

* Uwe Bartels (uwe.bartels@gmail.com) wrote:
> So I checked this again and raised afterwards maintenance_work_mem step by
> step up 64GB.
> I logged in via psql, run the following statements
> set maintenance_work_mem = '64GB';

I believe maintenance_work_mem suffers from the same problem that
work_mem has, specifically that PG still won't allocate more than
1GB of memory for any single operation.

       Thanks,

               Stephen

Сообщение: Re: maintenance_work_mem + create index
Сообщение: Re: maintenance_work_mem + create index