Re: Patch to support SSL certificate connections

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Patch to support SSL certificate connections
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 23:08, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 19/01/2011 00:35, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> This patch adds support to specify SSL certificate files and to connect
>> according to those.
>>
>> It's pretty straightforward: four file pickers to handle on dlgServer,
>> and changes in the connection code to add those parameters in the
>> connection string.
>>

> A screenshot attached so that you can see the UI without building pgAdmin :)
>
> Comments?

I would move root cert up before the others. Also CRL.

Root cert and CRL are about validating the *server* certificate. Key
and cert file are about SSL authentication of the *client* (thus
*client* certificates). They should definitely be in that order -
perhaps even grouped with a headline?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/