Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:21, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> Please find attached a patch changing both this and "updateable" to
> "updatable," also per the very handy git grep I just learned about :)

I think the patch has two issues to be fixed.

It expands all tables (and views) in tab-completion after INSERT,
UPDATE, and DELETE FROM. Is it an intended change?  IMHO, I don't
want to expand any schema because my console is filled with system
tables and duplicated tables with or without schema names :-( .

(original)
=# INSERT INTO [tab]
information_schema.  pg_temp_1.           pg_toast_temp_1.     tbl
pg_catalog.          pg_toast.            public.

(patched)
=# INSERT INTO [tab]
Display all 113 possibilities? (y or n)

Also, event names are not completed after INSTEAD OF:

=# CREATE TRIGGER trg BEFORE [tab]
DELETE    INSERT    TRUNCATE  UPDATE
=# CREATE TRIGGER trg INSTEAD OF [tab]
(no candidates)