Re: Warm Standby and resetting the primary as a standby

От Derrick Rice
Тема Re: Warm Standby and resetting the primary as a standby
Дата
Re: Warm Standby and resetting the primary as a standby  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

Sorry, I don't know.  I think the timelines are only there for safety if
you have to fall back to the previous timeline, and to prevent timeline
mixing.

Thanks for the helpful answers.

Two follow up questions which, if they can be answered, will save some time before I go testing random theories.

Is there a way to bump a database up a timeline version without specifying the exact timeline version of interest?  Apparently doing a rebase from a database which has incremented its own timeline from doing a recovery does at least this.

Is it possible to interpret the requested file and ignore the timeline digits and provide a file from some other timeline?  Or is the timeline mean more than just the file name?

Derrick

Сообщение: Re: Warm Standby and resetting the primary as a standby
Сообщение: Re: Warm Standby and resetting the primary as a standby