Re: Vacuum problem due to temp tables

От Bhakti Ghatkar
Тема Re: Vacuum problem due to temp tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
 Tom,

The query which you gave returns me 0 rows.

select ctid,xmin,xmax,* from pg_index where indexrelid in
         (select indexrelid from pg_index group by 1 having count(*)>1);

Regards,
Bhakti

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Bhakti Ghatkar <bghatkar@zedo.com> writes:
> We were running full vacuum on DB when we encountered the error below;

> INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_index"
> *vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "rpt_production" failed: ERROR:  duplicate
> key value violates unique constraint "pg_index_indexrelid_index"*
> DETAIL:  Key (indexrelid)=(2678) already exists.

That's pretty bizarre, but what makes you think it has anything to do
with temp tables?  OID 2678 is pg_index_indexrelid_index itself.
It looks to me like you must have duplicate rows in pg_index for that
index (and maybe others?), and the problem is exposed during vacuum full
because it tries to rebuild the indexes.

Could we see the output of

       select ctid,xmin,xmax,* from pg_index where indexrelid in
         (select indexrelid from pg_index group by 1 having count(*)>1);

Сообщение: Re: Performance Test for PostgreSQL9
Сообщение: Re: Performance Test for PostgreSQL9