Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.0, second run

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.0, second run
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 18:13, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Kevin Grittner
> <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I despaired of this repo being anything like reliable months ago.
>>> AFAIK it is using a known to be broken version of fromcvs.
>>
>> Could we have it pull (using git) from the repo you have working
>> correctly?  (Or would that be too Rube Goldbergesque?)
>
> It would result in a massive merge commit and the duplication of the
> entire history.  The correct solution is probably to (a) install
> Andrew's fixed version of the import tool on the server and (b) rewind
> the history on the server so it reimports all the subsequent commits.
> Sometimes doing only (b) is sufficient to correct the problem, since
> the tool seems rather sensitive to ephemeral states of the
> respository.
>
> Unfortunately, (a) has not happened.  Magnus seems to feel that Andrew
> has not provided sufficient details about which version he should be
> running and whether it will likely break anything, and I gather that
> Andrew feels otherwise.  Figuring out who is right and who is wrong
> and what to do about it is above my pay grade, but it would be really
> nice if someone could get this straightened out.

Meh, who cares who's right or wrong :-)

My main point is I am unsure if this may have any adverse effects, and
I haven't had the time to investigate if it doesor not. Previously
we've just applied a manual correction patch to bring the branch tip
up to the correct state, which is supposedly good enough for the users
of the git server. In which case, someone just needs to proide said
patch :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.0, second run
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.0, second run