Re: [SOLVED] Rules in views, how to?

От Andre Lopes
Тема Re: [SOLVED] Rules in views, how to?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

In the application there are two kinds of UPDATES to this table.

[code]
        update aau_utilizadores
        set group_id = 3
        where email = pEMAIL;
[/code]

and

[code]
        update aau_utilizadores
        set password = 3
        where id = pNEWPASSWORD;
[/code]

If I use the clause WHERE only in "id" will not work fot both cases, or will work?

Best Regards,

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 12:28:35PM +0100, Andre Lopes wrote:
> Ok, I have done the UPDATE RULE like this and works!

> where
> (id = OLD.id or username = OLD.username or email = OLD.email)

I'm pretty sure you just want to be using the id column above.  Using an
OR expression as you're doing could have some strange side effects.

You may also want to consider a UNIQUE constraint on the username (and
maybe email) fields as well, especially as you've said they should be
able to be used to uniquely determine a user.

--
 Sam  http://samason.me.uk/