Re: Optimize date query for large child tables: GiST or GIN?

От David Jarvis
Тема Re: Optimize date query for large child tables: GiST or GIN?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
The greatest() expression reduces to either the current year (year + 0) or the next year (year + 1) by taking the sign of the difference in start/end days. This allows me to derive an end date, such as:

Dec 22, 1900 to Mar 22, 1901

Then I check if the measured date falls between those two dates.

The expression might not be correct as I'm still quite new to PostgreSQL's syntax.

Dave

Сообщение: Re: Optimize date query for large child tables: GiST or GIN?
Сообщение: Re: Optimize date query for large child tables: GiST or GIN?