Re: is sync rep stalled?

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: is sync rep stalled?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:48 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can we take a base backup for that synchronous standby? You mean
> that we should disable the wait-forever option, start the master, take
> a base backup, shut down the master, enable the wait-forever option,
> start the master, and start the standby from that base backup?

All I'm saying is that *after* you've configured that everything must
be synchronous is *not* the time to start trying to figure out if your
PITR backups/archive are working, and starting to try and get a slave
replicating synchronously.

Yes, High-Durability sync rep has caveats.  One of them is that you
must have a working synchronous slave before you can enforce
synchronousity.

a.