Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:13 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 21:25 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> I have what I believe is
>> an equivalent but simpler implementation, which is attached.
>
> There's no code comments to explain this, so without in-depth analysis
> of the problem, Masao's patch and this one its not possible to say
> anything.
>
> Please explain in detail why its the right approach and put that in a
> comment, so we'll understand now and in the future.

The explanation is what I wrote in my previous email: a smart shutdown
request during recovery should be treated the same way BEFORE the
postmaster has been asked to start the background writer and AFTER the
postmaster has been asked to start the background writer.  I'll think
up a suitable comment.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company