Re: Simplifying replication

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Simplifying replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> I think it's pretty well explained in the fine manual.
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-WAL-KEEP-SEGMENTS
>
> Nope.  No relationship to checkpoint_segments is explained there.  Try
> again?

Well, it says "This sets only the minimum number of segments retained
in pg_xlog; the system might need to retain more segments for WAL
archival or to recover from a checkpoint."  So in other words, the
relationship with checkpoint segments is that whichever one currently
requires retaining a larger number of segments applies.  That's all
the relationship there is.  I'm not sure I understand the question.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company