Re: How to import *.sql file to postgresql database

От Andre Lopes
Тема Re: How to import *.sql file to postgresql database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the reply,

I have this error:

[quote]
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xff
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".
[/quote]

I have set the client encoding to LATIN1 like this,

[quote]
$psql <database>
database=> set client_encoding to "LATIN1";
SET
database=>\i /home/folder1/data.sql
[/quote]

Then I got this different error:

[quote]
psql:/home/folder1/data.sql:1: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "ÿþ"
LINE 1: ÿþ-
        ^
[/quote]

How should I solve this problem?