Re: Reducing walreceiver latency with a latch

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Reducing walreceiver latency with a latch
Дата
Re: Reducing walreceiver latency with a latch  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 13 September 2010 12:40, Heikki Linnakangas
> Now that we have the wonderful latch facility, let's use it to reduce the
> delay between receiving a piece of WAL and applying in the standby.
> Currently, the startup process polls every 100ms to see if new WAL has
> arrived, which adds an average a 50 ms delay between a transaction commit in
> the master and it appearing as committed in a hot standby server. The latch
> patch eliminated a similar polling delay in walsender already, the attached
> patch does the same for walreceiver.
>
> After this patch, there is no unnecessary delays in the streaming
> replication code path. Note that this is all still asynchronous, just with
> reduced latency.
>
> This is pretty straightforward, but any comments?

Is that supposed to be waiting 5000ms?

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: security label support, revised
От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: Reducing walreceiver latency with a latch