Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
>> I'd be happy to go back to the original patch/idea of just the simple
>> addition of %U as an option for log_line_prefix.
>
> Updated patch attached which just adds %U support to log_line_prefix.
> Will work on adding CSV support for this in 9.2, along with associated
> other issues regarding supporting variable CSV format output.

Something along these lines would be OK with me (I haven't yet
validated every detail), but there were previous objections to adding
any new fields to log_line_prefix until we had a flexible CSV format.
I think that's raising the bar a bit too high, personally, but I don't
have the only vote around here...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company