error "CDT FATAL: invalid frontend message type 69"

От ankit kamal
Тема error "CDT FATAL: invalid frontend message type 69"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All

I am using a  cluster setup  with two nodes in it. Replication between two nodes is being done through slony.

Postgres version is 8.1.2 and slony version is 1.1.5 .

On Master node an error "CDT FATAL: invalid frontend message type 69" encountered at 10:51 and postgres crashed.

There were no postgres logs logged from 10:51 to 11:11, and after that, error "CDT FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already" was logged in postgres logs upto postgres shutdown. The problem resolved after the postgres was restarted on master node.

I could not find this error defined anywhere.

Any ideas of what it means, how to track the cause and cure?

Is there any way to reproduce this error?

Please help..

Regards
Ankit