Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)

От Daniel Loureiro
Тема Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)
Дата
Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> 3. This doesn't work tremendously well for inheritance trees, where<br /> > ModifyTable acts as sort of an
implicitAppend node.  You can't just<br /> > funnel all the tuples through one Sort or Limit node because they
aren't<br/> > all the same rowtype.  (Limit might perhaps not care, but Sort will.)<br /> > But you can't have a
separateSort/Limit for each table either, because<br /> > that would give the wrong behavior.  Another problem with
funnelingall<br /> > the rows through one Sort/Limit is that ModifyTable did need to know<br /> > which table
thewrong hack to start.<br /><br />Just for curiosity, why the result of "WHERE" filter (in SELECT/DELETE/UPDATE) is
notput in memory, i.e. an array of ctid, like an buffer and then executed by SELECT/DELETE/UPDATE at once ?<br /><br

От: rickytato rickytato
Сообщение:
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] column-level update privs + lock table