Re: Change pg_last_xlog_receive_location not to move backwards

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Change pg_last_xlog_receive_location not to move backwards
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:34 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> You suggest that the shared variable Stream tracks the WAL write location,
> after it's set to the replication starting position? I don't think
> that the write
> location needs to be tracked in the shmem because other processes than
> walreceiver don't use it.

Well, my proposal was to expose it, on the theory that it's useful.
As we stream the WAL, we write it, so I think for all intents and
purposes write == stream.  But using it to convey the starting
position makes more sense if you call it stream than it does if you
call it write.

> You propose to rename LogstreamResult.Write to .Stream, and
> merge it and receiveStart?

Yeah, or probably change recieveStart to be called Stream.  It's
representing the same thing, just in shmem instead of backend-local,
so why name it differently?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company