Re:

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 7:54 PM, andi astowo <andi.astowo@ymail.com> wrote:
> At this oppurtinity we ask for your support to give us informations
> regarding the bellow questionaires. First, how can we have our data of the
> Postgre 7 under Red Hat Linux 7.2 to be used by the Postgre 8 under RHEL 5?.
> Secondly, if above condition need additional software or driver or converter
> Please advices how can we get is urgently. Thank you Very much.

Well, that's a pretty big step up.  Are you running 7.0, 7.1, 7.2,
7.3, or 7.4?  Do you want to go to 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 or 8.4?

The normally recommended procedure is to bring up a new machine while
leaving the old one up.  So, you'll have a new machine running RHEL
5.latest with PostgreSQL 8.4.4.  Your old machine would be running
whatever old 7.x version you have.  Then you would use pg_dump from
the 8.4.4 postgresql install to dump the db from the 7.x db.
Something like this:

ssh centos5machine
createdb mydb
pg_dump -h rh72 mydb | psql mydb

However, with that big of a gap of versions, you might run into some
problems.  Try it and let us know how far you can get.  Note you may
need to edit postgresql.conf for listen address, and pg_hba.conf, both
on the old machine, to be able to connect.

Сообщение: Re: On insert duplicate row, return existing key
Сообщение: Re: On insert duplicate row, return existing key