Re: updated patch for foreach stmt

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: updated patch for foreach stmt
Дата
Re: updated patch for foreach stmt  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Re: updated patch for foreach stmt  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
>> I resend a patch with last update of this patch
>
> Alright, so, like I said, I really like this feature and would like to
> see it included.  To that end, I've done perhaps a bit more than a
> review of the patch.  Pavel, if you could go over the changes I've made
> and review them and let me know if you see any problems, I'd appreciate
> it.  I've tried to get it ready for a committer as much as I can without
> being one. :)

Amen to that!

I think the syntax Tom suggested before was FOREACH thingy IN ARRAY
arr rather than just FOREACH thingy IN arr.  That's probably a good
idea, because it gives us an escape hatch against needing to invent
yet another variant of this syntax - the word immediately following IN
can be known with confidence to be intended as a keyword rather than
as part of the expression.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company