Re: explaining "context" column of pg_settings

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: explaining "context" column of pg_settings
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Robert Haas wrote:
>>> Please propose a specific patch so we can complain about it.  :-)
>
>> I am proposing Tom's:
>>       http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2010-12/msg00003.php

That's actually a link to Josh's message, not the one from Tom; I
assume you mean the patch in Tom's reply.

> It still seems like that material doesn't belong there.  However, it's
> largely a restatement of what's said in section 18.1 in a form that
> matches up with the presentation used in the pg_settings view.  Maybe
> it's okay to apply it as-is and just check to make sure that 18.1 is not
> missing any facts given here.

AFAICS 18.1 doesn't really contain a clear enumeration of all the
different settings types.  We ought to have that somewhere.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company