Re: BUG #5763: pg_hba.conf not honored

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5763: pg_hba.conf not honored
Дата
Re: BUG #5763: pg_hba.conf not honored  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Kaiting Chen" <kaitocracy@gmail.com> writes:
>> From this pg_hba configuration as the user 'kaiting.chen' is not in role
>> 'service' the second entry in the table should be skipped and he should
>> authenticate via GSSAPI. However this does not happen.
>
> I believe the definition of "in role" we use here is "has the privileges
> of role". =A0Since kaiting.chen is a superuser, all privilege tests will
> succeed for him, including that one. =A0IOW, a superuser is automatically
> a member of every role. =A0This isn't a bug.

I guess it's not a bug if we did it that way on purpose, but it seems
like testing for actual group membership would be less surprising.

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5773: DEBUG: reaping dead processes DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme