Re: BUG #5699: Postgres runs only under default user.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #5699: Postgres runs only under default user.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Craig Ringer
<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On 10/08/2010 07:53 PM, Johannes Meidert wrote:
>>
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05699
>> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Johannes Meidert
>> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0johannes.meidert@rohde-schwarz.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.1
>> Operating system: =A0 windows
>> Details:
>>
>> If a --superaccount is specified during installation other than
>> 'postgres',
>> the service will not start correctly and there are lots of errors "role
>> <postgres> =A0does not exist" in the DB error log.
>> The option -- superaccount should be removed.
>
> It does seem a bit odd - if the super account is wired into the database
> cluster at initdb time, you'd think it'd be read from there on startup.
>
> Comments, anybody? This report hasn't seen a response, but seems to have
> some legitimacy as a usability issue if not an outright bug.

I saw an email from our QA team a few minutes ago saying they have
been unable to reproduce the problem. What command line/options file
did you use exactly Johannes?

--=20
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com