Re: BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Mark Llewellyn <mark_llewellyn@adp.com> wr=
ote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05650
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Mark Llewellyn
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0mark_llewellyn@adp.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0 RC1
> Operating system: =A0 Windows XP
act it is
> running
> Details:
>
> The postgresql-9.0 service is showing as *not running* in pgAdmin 3 1.12 =
RC1
> and as *stopped* in the Windows services list, although the database is
> actually running and I can connect to it and create databases, tables etc.
> It also shows multiple postgresql tasks in Windows task manager.
> However, because Windows XP is not aware that the postgresql-9.0 service =
is
> running it is not possible to stop the service.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how did you start the service?

And applying the good old Windows troubleshooting meme...  if you
reboot, does that fix it?

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company