Re: Per-column collation, work in progress

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: Per-column collation, work in progress
Дата
Re: Per-column collation, work in progress  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. postgres=# select to_char(current_date,'tmday') collate "cs_CZ.utf8";
>  to_char
> ──────────
>  thursday -- bad result
> (1 row)

COLLATE means "collation" rather than "locale", no?

> 5.
> postgres=# create table xy(a text, b text collate "cs_CZ");
> ERROR:  collation "cs_CZ" for current database encoding "UTF8" does not exist
> can be there some more friendly message or hint ?

I hope Postgres automatically detects the omitted encoding
because it knows the database encoding is UTF8.

--
Itagaki Takahiro

Сообщение: Re: Per-column collation, work in progress
Сообщение: Re: Per-column collation, work in progress