Re: Additional index entries and table sorting

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Additional index entries and table sorting
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 28 October 2010 19:59, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On sön, 2010-09-26 at 18:07 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 26 September 2010 17:49, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> > I attach a patch which adds all functions (or at least the ones I
> > found) into the index so that they can be easily located.  Previously
> > there were no entries for most of these at all in the index.  I also
> > removed the entries for count, max, min and sum in the tutorial area
> > as per this discussion:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2010-09/msg00119.php .
> > These are no indexed on the aggregate function page.
> >
> > While I was updating the functions section, I also alphabetised any
> > unsorted function tables.
>
> I don't think my email reached the list, so reattaching a gzipped version.

Took a quick look now.  What I find weird is that in some hunks you
remove index entries from a table and place them in the surrounding
section, and in other places you insert new index entries inside tables.
I think the proper place for the index entries tends to be inside the
table.

It was already inconsistent in the SGML, but if you wish, I'll redo it so that they're all in tables.  That will mean taking the sections which kept index terms outside of tables already, and merging them with all the tables.  Will take me a while.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion