Re: Issue with libpq < 8.4

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Issue with libpq < 8.4
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:02, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>>> Oops, time to get some coffee, as you already said :)
>>
>> There's two ways you can fix it. To match what we do for SSL support:
>>
>> In acinclude.m4, you don't need to use AC_SUBST, and you do need to
>> add something like:
>>
>>                if test "$PG_SSL" = "yes"
>>                then
>>                        CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -DSSL"
>>                fi
>>
>> but for HAVE_CONNINFOPARSE (yes, I know we should probably do this in
>> CXXFLAGS, but now is not the time to fix the build system :-p ).
>>
>> The other way uses AC_SUBST to add the variable to the Makefile (which
>> you did). You can then use that variable in Makefile.am to
>> conditionally add the -DHAVE_CONNINFOPARSE. Iirc, that's similar to
>> have we deal with the options to build an appbundle.
>
> Completely uninformed question:
> how does that work out wrt the VC project files?

It doesn't. With the EDB libpq extensions, we do a runtime test to see
if they're there, and then use function pointers if so. We could
possibly do the same here, though as there are so few people building
their own Windows versions, I'm not sure it's worth it.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company