Re: UNNEST ... WITH ORDINALITY (AND POSSIBLY OTHER STUFF)

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: UNNEST ... WITH ORDINALITY (AND POSSIBLY OTHER STUFF)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 03:48,  <Caleb.Welton@emc.com> wrote:
> Note the standard also supports unnesting multiple arrays concurrently, the rule for handling arrays with different
lengthsis to use null padding of the shorter array.

>   UNNEST( ARRAY[5,2,3,4],
>           ARRAY['hello', 'world'] )
>   WITH ORDINALITY AS t(a,b,i);

Hmmm, that means we cannot support multi-array unnest() with our
generic aggregate functions. The function prototype might be like
below, but we don't support such definition.
 unnest(anyarray1, anyarray2, ...,        OUT anyelement1, OUT anyelement2, ...) RETURNS SETOF record

So, we would need a special representation for multi-array unnest().

--
Itagaki Takahiro

От: Joachim Wieland
Сообщение: Re: directory archive format for pg_dump
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: patch: format function - fixed oid