Small bug: COLUMN dialog types list wrong behavior

От r d
Тема Small bug: COLUMN dialog types list wrong behavior
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi there,

the "NEW COLUMN" / "COLUMN PROPERTIES" dialog which is accessible through context menu of the column in the object tree, or by calling it from the TABLE PROPERTIES dialog.

On the page "PROPERTIES", the drop-down list "TYPE" skips some data types.

I found until now that the types "CHAR" and "CHARACTER" are never accepted, but instead, the list gives me "CHARACTER_DATA" whenever I select one of those types.
When I navigate the list with arrows up/down, it jumps from "CHARACTER_DATA" to "SQL_IDENTIFIER" skipping all types inbetween.

Config:
Postgres    - 9.0.0 from repo PGDG
pgadmin3  - 1.12.0 compiled from source
Linux           - 2.6.32.21-168.fc12.x86_64

Another issue I have found is that pgadmin3 crashes after a while whenever I load a full table with several thousands of records into the grid; other people have already reported this and other issues with the grid (the "VIEW DATA" window).

I hope that helps.

RD