Re: directory archive format for pg_dump

От Joachim Wieland
Тема Re: directory archive format for pg_dump
Дата
Re: directory archive format for pg_dump  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> * wrap long lines
> * use extern in function prototypes in header files
> * "inline" some functions like _StartDataCompressor, _EndDataCompressor,
> _DoInflate/_DoDeflate  that aren't doing anything but call some other
> function.

So here is a new round of patches. It turned out that the feature to
allow to also restore files from a different dump and with a different
compression required some changes in the compressor API. And in the
end I didn't like all the #ifdefs either and made a less #ifdef-rich
version using function pointers. The downside now is that I have
created quite a few one-line functions that Heikki doesn't like all
that much, but I assume that they are okay in this case on the grounds
that the public compressor interface is calling the private
implementation of a certain compressor.

Joachim

Вложения