Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 18:28, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Um ... I just did
>>>        git clone git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql-migration.git
>>> and I only see nine.  It's got some *other* problems though; compared
>>> to a conversion I just finished locally, it's missing a whole lot of
>>> history for some of the old jdbc files.
>>>
>>> Is there any possibility that "git clone" isn't very trustworthy?
>>> It's a bit scary that we don't see identical views of this repository.
>>
>> *scratches head*
>>
>> I did a git-fetch into an existing copy of the old contents of that
>> repository, rather than a fresh clone.  Let me nuke it and start over.
>
> OK, the fresh clone does in fact show just 9 manufactured commits.
> Sorry, I must not have cleaned out the old state properly.

Turns out I did th esame thing from my box to the repo on git.postgresql.org.

So I've now wiped that repository and re-pushed mine. Can you give it
another check? (from a fresh clone)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/