Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/11/9 David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com>:
> On Nov 9, 2010, at 9:35 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>
>> hstore has similar functionality, but missing a some details and add
>> lot of other functionality - it doesn't identify type of field.
>> Personally - it is nothing what I like - but can be better than
>> nothing.
>
> What are you going to do with the type once you have it?

for example, you can use it for formatting, for explicit cast, for
different serialization type - like JSON - without knowledge of type,
you can't to build correct JSON value. So you can write a application
with knowledge of type and you don't need to detect type from value,
that isn't robust.

Pavel

> David

Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable
Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable