Re: Dynamic binding in plpgsql function

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Dynamic binding in plpgsql function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/3/2 Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>
>> Lane...http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/improvise-callbacks-in-plpgsql-td2052928.html
>> (for whom nary a day goes by that I am not thankful for his tireless
>> efforts).
>
> Ahh, thanks to Tom Lane then !
> And thank you for the link of interesting topic from past :-)

yes...in the old days there was a lot more reason to do this because
there was no 'using' for execute and it was a lot more difficult to
coerce record types, arrays, etc into text format for passing.  today,
I would probably use execute unless I already had C library in the
backend and was *really* concerned about speed.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Dynamic binding in plpgsql function
Сообщение: Re: Dynamic binding in plpgsql function