Re: Can't take base back up with Postgres 9.0 on Solaris 10

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Can't take base back up with Postgres 9.0 on Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 28 October 2010 13:07, dan.m.harris <daniel.harris@metaswitch.com> wrote:

> Hi Thom, thanks for your reply. Here's my psql output:
>
> bash-3.00$ bin/psql
> psql (9.0.1, server 8.1.4)
> WARNING: psql version 9.0, server version 8.1.
>         Some psql features might not work.
> Type "help" for help.
>
> postgres=# SHOW wal_level;
> ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "wal_level"

It's not recognised because your 9.0.1 psql client is connecting to a
8.1.4 server which doesn't use such a parameter, hence the warning
you're receiving when you run psql.  This also explains why you can't
use the 2-parameter form of pg_start_backup as that wasn't introduced
until 8.4.

You need to connect to a 9.0 instance.

--
Thom Brown