Re: Optimal settings for embedded system running PostgreSQL

От Kenneth Buckler
Тема Re: Optimal settings for embedded system running PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Have you considered switching to embedded Linux instead of XP?

This has the potential to help increase performance, as embedded Linux
will most likely have a smaller footprint.

Give this a read:
http://www.lynuxworks.com/products/whitepapers/xp-vs-linux.php3

Of course, if you're using an application which is completely reliant
on Windows, this may not be cost feasible.

But, if you application is Java based, as many embedded applications
are, the transition from XP to Linux could be pretty simple.

Ken