Re: Fwd: Extended query protocol and exact types matches.

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: Fwd: Extended query protocol and exact types matches.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

2010/12/10 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be quicker to answer my question and help than to teach me
> the alphabet of communication. Although, thank you, and for that :-)

It would be quicker still to ignore your email altogether, but I'm
guessing you're not going to recommend that I take that approach.
Sure not !
did look briefly at whether I could also answer the question while I
was replying, but found that I wasn't really sure what you were asking
(which may be why no one else responded either).
 I've got one useful respond before this post in general@.
 To the best of my
ability to determine what you were actually asking, it was something
along the lines of "What will happen if I tell libpq that a parameter
is a bigint when the server is expecting an int?".  I don't happen to
know the answer to that question without writing a 25-line program,
compiling it, and testing it.  Which wouldn't be very hard, but on the
other hand it wouldn't be very hard for you to do it either.  Best
guess without testing?  It'll work if the value is within the range
that can be represented by an int and throw an error otherwise.
Yes, I've already investigated it, compiled and tested. The first line of
my initial post says: "To be assured and just for calmness.". :-)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--