Stange IO error while working with large objects.

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Stange IO error while working with large objects.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey all,

I've never experienced such problems before pefrorming some tests
on large objects. I am on Ubuntu and my HDD is whole encrypted
(LVM2). I've imported large object ~ 1.5 Gb of size. After this, entire
system lost performance dramaticaly and the disk activity becomes
anomalous.

After reboot everithing is fine with OS, but attempt to remove all
large object results in error:

dmitigr=# select lo_unlink(loid) from (select distinct loid from pg_largeobject) as foo;
ERROR:  could not read block 704833 in file "base/16386/11838.5": read only 4096 of 8192 bytes

What does this means -- hardware / OS / Postgres failure ?

Any suggestions ?

--
// Dmitriy.