Re: string function - "format" function proposal

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: string function - "format" function proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> So?  You'd need to quote the values anyway, in general.  If you want
> something that will be valid SQL you'd better include the functionality
> of quote_literal() in it.
>
> I'm not sure that it's a good idea to have any type-specific special
> cases.

As I remember, the original motivation of %v formatter is
some DBMSes don't like quoted numeric literals. However,
Postgres accepts quoted numerics, and we're developing Postgres.

So, our consensus would be %v formatter should be removed
completely from the format function.

--
Itagaki Takahiro