Re: profiling connection overhead

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: profiling connection overhead
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of lun dic 06 23:09:56 -0300 2010:

>> > 1) Session GUCS do not change with a SET ROLE (this is a TODO I haven't
>> > had any time to work on)
>> >
>> > 2) Users can always issue their own SET ROLE and then "hack into" other
>> > users' data.
>>
>> Makes sense.  It would be nice to fix those issues, independent of
>> anything else.
>
> It seems plausible to fix the first one, but how would you fix the
> second one?  You either allow SET ROLE (which you need, to support the
> pooler changing authorization), or you don't.  There doesn't seem to be
> a usable middleground.

You could add a protocol message that does a "permanent" role switch
in a way that can't be undone except by another such protocol message.Then connection poolers could simply refuse to
proxythat particular
message.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: wal_sender_delay is still required?
Сообщение: Re: wal_sender_delay is still required?