Re: todo point: plpgsql - scrollable cursors are supported

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: todo point: plpgsql - scrollable cursors are supported
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/10/7 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree, removed.  I also removed WITH HOLD cursors, which we seem to
>>> have as well.
>>
>> I think so we doesn't support WITH HOLD cursor syntax yet. Maybe we
>> have similar functionality. Don't know.
>
> It's in the documentation...
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-declare.html

can be - but it isn't supported by plpgsql. This is similar to
scrollable cursors - SQL supported it some years, but plpgsql allowed
it only two years. The minimal necessary change is relative simple
plpgsql's parser update - but I don't know if there isn't other
issues.

see http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/src/gram.y.diff?r1=1.99&r2=1.100

Regards

Pavel