Fwd: [PERFORM] Clean up of archived Xlogs in postgres-9.

От Nimesh Satam
Тема Fwd: [PERFORM] Clean up of archived Xlogs in postgres-9.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

We are trying to use the streaming replication of postgres9 and hence we archive the WAL logs in the archive location. But we are not able find the right documentation to clean the archive location.

As suggested by Erik Rijkers we tried using the pg_archivecleanup but we are not sure, from which WAL location should the cleanup take place.

Can anybody suggest how we find which wal logs are safe to be dropped from the archive location while using the pg_archivecleanup or any other options? Any kind of documentation would be of great help.

Regards,
Nimesh.