Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> However, I am not clear what benefit we get from moving this into core
>> in 9.1.  If it's still going to require a full postmaster restart, the
>> GUC you have to change may as well be shared_preload_libraries as a
>> new one.
>
> +1.  I am not in favor of randomly repackaging functionality, unless
> there's some clear benefit gained by doing so.  In this case it seems
> like something that could and should remain at arm's length forever,
> so a contrib module is the ideal packaging.

Now, if we could make this so low-overhead that it doesn't need a
switch, that would be a good argument for moving it into core, at
least to my way of thinking.  But if it's something that needs to be
enabled with a postmaster restart anyway, meh.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company