Re: UNLOGGED tables in psql \d

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: UNLOGGED tables in psql \d
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fact that you didn''t saw it might be enough to reconsider the way
> we display the unlogged state (and temp state) of a relation.
>
> Maybe some a "Durability: normal, temp, unlogged"  line at bottom of
> the \d output  ?

The term we use internally is "persistence", but I'm not really sure
it's worth making the \d output longer.  In fact I'd much rather find
some way of going the other direction.  Note also that the temp-ness
of a table can already be inferred from the schema.

Another thought is that we might eventually have global temporary
tables, where the schema is globally visible (like a permanent or
unlogged table) but each backend sees only its own contents.  So
whatever we come up with here should generalize to that case as well.

Still another point is that "temp" can apply to any object type, but
"unlogged" can only apply to tables, indexes, and sequences.  (We
don't currently implement it for sequences, though.)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company