Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Something along these lines would be OK with me (I haven't yet
>> validated every detail), but there were previous objections to adding
>> any new fields to log_line_prefix until we had a flexible CSV format.
>> I think that's raising the bar a bit too high, personally, but I don't
>> have the only vote around here...
>
> I think I was the one objecting.  I don't necessarily say that we have
> to have a "flexible" CSV format, but I do say that facilities that are
> available in log_line_prefix and not in CSV logs are a bad thing.

Well, I guess the other option is to just add it to the format, full
stop.  But as someone pointed out previously, that's not a terribly
scalable solution, but perhaps it could be judged adequate for this
particular case.

While I generally agree with the principal, I also wonder if it might
be better to just add this field in log_line_prefix and wait for
someone to complain about that as other than a theoretical matter.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company