Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 20:04, Shigeru HANADA <hanada@metrosystems.co.jp> wrote:
> Iterate is called in query context,

Is it an unavoidable requirement? If possible, I'd like to use per-tuple memory
context as the default. We use per-tuple context in FunctionScan for SETOF
functions. I hope we could have little difference between SRF and FDW APIs.

> Virtual tuple would be enough to carry column data, but virtual tuple
> doesn't have system attributes including tableoid...

We could add tts_tableOid into TupleTableSlot. We'd better avoid
materializing slot only for the tableoid support in foreign tables.
Almost all of the foreign tables should have different data format
from HeapTuple, including pgsql_fdw.

--
Itagaki Takahiro

Сообщение: Re: proposal : cross-column stats
Сообщение: Re: proposal : cross-column stats