Re: Synchronous replication - patch status inquiry

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Synchronous replication - patch status inquiry
Дата
Re: Synchronous replication - patch status inquiry  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> "All standbys" has no meaning without registration. It is not a question
> that needs an answer.

Tell that to the DBA.  I bet s/he knows what "all standbys" means.
The fact that the system doesn't know something doesn't make it
unimportant.

I agree that we don't absolutely need standby registration for some
really basic version of synchronous replication.  But I think we'd be
better off biting the bullet and adding it.  I think that without it
we're going to resort to a series of increasingly grotty and
user-unfriendly hacks to make this work.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company